First time users
All first time users must know computer basics and complete the Internet Registration as follows:
1. One of the following
- Present a valid Addison Public Library Card.
- Present a valid library card from another public library.
- Present a valid photo ID.
2. Read the Acceptable Use Policy.
3. Read these Rules & Regulations.
4. Sign the User’s Agreement (under age 18, parental signature required).
- Will be charged a fee for printing from Library computers.
- Are responsible for the direct supervision of children accompanying them to the library.
Length of Use
Addison Public Library card holders are allowed a minimum of two hours per day. Users who do not have an Addison Public Library card are eligible for a minimum of one hour per day. The workstations close 5 minutes before the library closes.
Prohibitions (Violators of these regulations may lose library privileges.)
- Sharing with others any password or other authorization assigned to you personally.
- Saving to the hard drive.
- Changing software configurations.
- Damaging the computer system or data.
- Violating computer system security.
- Violating the Library’s computer system security.
- Using personal software.
- Using the Library’s Internet access to “crack” any computer system.
- Harassing, libeling, or slandering others.
- Interfering with the work of others or causing congestion on the networks.
- Unauthorized copying of copyright-protected materials.
- Accessing obscene materials.
Illegal acts involving Library’s computers may also be subject to prosecution by local, state, or federal Authorities. The Library has a registered Domain Name. Use of our Internet Workstations can be traced.