Children’s Services Specialist
Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) including some evenings and weekends.
Starting salary: $20.19 - $25.24/hr DOQ; $25.24/hr is the midpoint of the salary range and reserved for candidates who exceed the minimum qualifications and have significant, direct experience.
We’re seeking a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic librarian to join the Children’s Services Team! Your main focus will be on programming, outreach, and collection promotion to our young patrons as you facilitate literacy skills through dynamic play spaces and learning experiences.
What you need to be successful:
- Knowledge of children’s literature and child development
- Ability to effectively communicate with patrons and staff of all ages
- Enthusiasm for working with a diverse community
- A positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize a busy workflow
What we offer:
- Opportunities to use your creative and innovative programming skills
- Lively work environment
- Close collaboration with Collection Development Team
- Continuing education opportunities
- Employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
Bilingual applicants (English/Spanish or English/Polish) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution required; enrollment in an ALA-accredited library science graduation program may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Two years’ experience working with children required.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Access to transportation required.
Please review the complete job description to better understand the responsibilities and expectations.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample of at least 2-3 paragraphs in length via e-mail to Louise Dimick, Children's Services Coordinator. Applications received by the end of July 13th will be given priority.