New Online Databases
June 08, 2010
The library has several new online databases.
Some of these new databases replace previous subscriptions. Next Reads is brand new.
Master File Primer comparable to Reference Center Gold
• 1,700 full-text periodicals including Consumer Report
• More than 500 full-text reference books
• Over 500,000 photos, maps and flags
Auto Repair Reference Center comparable to Chilton’s
• Nearly 850,000 Drawings and Step-by-Step Photographs
• Approximately 86,600 Technical Services Bulletins & Recalls
• Over 158,600 Wiring Diagrams
• Specifications & Maintenance Schedules
Literary Resource Center comparable to Literature Resource Center
• More than 31,000 plot summaries, synopses and work overviews
• Nearly 100,000 articles/essays of literary criticism
• More than 179,000 author biographies
• Nearly 450 literary journals
• More than 71,000 classic and contemporary poems
• More than 18,000 classic and contemporary short stories
• More than 5,800 author interviews
• Online Booknews
• 22 customizable fiction or non-fiction newsletters for patrons.
• Patron-initiated email subscriptions gives them privacy and control.
• Top subject headings for the recommended titles that are displayed so that users understand why a particular title is being suggested.
• Recommendations are available for over 5 million titles for readers of all ages and interests
• Links to Recommended Reads lists, Author Read-alikes, Book Discussion Guides, and additional NoveList feature content are displayed in the catalog results.
• Encyclopedia and reference center for Spanish speakers and Spanish language students.