Addison Public Library
4 Friendship Plaza
Addison, Illinois 60101-2499
Mon-Thu: 9 am - 9 pm
Fri: 9 am - 6 pm
Sat: 9 am - 5 pm
Sun: 1 pm - 5 pm
Join the Conversation!
Business & Investments
Support Our Troops This Holiday Season!
November 17, 2010
Help State Representative Dennis Reboletti in letting our men and women who are willing to fight for our country and protect the freedoms we enjoy know we’re thinking of them over the holiday season. Reboletti is working with his fellow legislators to collect items for the SWEET HOME CHICAGO CARE PACKAGE program for the holiday season. Through Friday, November 19, you can bring items to his district office, 50 E. Oak Street, Suite 250, Addison, to be sent overseas through the USO. For a list of items, click Read More.
His district office is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Below is a list of the most requested items on the Sweet Home Chicago Care Package wish list:
(Please provide new items only!!)
- Chicago Sports Team Merchandise: hats, shirts, banners, footballs, basketballs, baseballs, etc.
- Sporting Equipment: footballs, soccer balls, baseball equipment, outdoor game items, badminten, etc.
- Board Games: Monopoly, Checkers, Chess, UNO, Dominoes, dice, cards, darts
- Snacks: beef jerky, ramen noodle cups, Easy Mac cups, mixed nuts, hard candy (nothing chocolate because it melts), individual water flavor packets, plastic silverware, Zip Lock bags, cookies, Skittles, Sprees, gum, trail mix, Craisins, any sort of dried fruit, ready-to-eat tuna or chicken salad kits, single serving boxes of cold cereal
- Health and Comfort: baby wipes, disinfectant wipes, sun block, lip balm, deodorant, hand and foot warmers, Bath and Body Works, lotions, soaps, luffas, etc
- Magazines (New and Current): Sports Illustrated, Time, Gun Magazines, Cosmopolitan, People, newspapers
- Books and DVDs: Recently released
- Electronics: computer flash/thumb drives, headsets, handheld electronic games
- International Phone Cards
- Most importantly, cards and letters of support
Thank you letting our military men and women know we’re thinking of them as they protect our freedom.