The Addison Public Library is seeking a friendly and enthusiastic team player to sort, organize and file library materials, directly supporting the public service departments and library patrons.
Part-time, 17 hours per week
- Monday: 5 pm – 9 pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Friday: 9 am – 1 pm
- Saturday: 12 pm – 5 pm
Essential functions include:
- Sorting books and other library materials for shelving.
- Shelving books and other library materials in appropriate shelf locations.
- Monitoring shelves for materials that are out of order and returning mis-shelved items to correct locations.
- Checking shelves for missing materials.
- Shifting collections.
- Filing loose-leaf reference materials.
- May clean computer keyboards, and white boards in library study rooms.
- Basic computer skills are needed for e-mail and timecard/payroll system.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 16 years of age and have completed at least two years of high school. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions. Must be able to alphabetize. Must be able to work independently.
Wide flexibility of movement is required including standing, reaching, bending, and lifting. Ability to push a fully loaded book cart is also required.
Minimum starting salary:
$8.77 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Applications are available at the Guest Services desk. Resumes will be accepted electronically and should be submitted to Kathy Zayas, Guest Services Assistant Department Head at email@example.com.
Submissions must be received by January 18, 2017