Effective Aug. 4, all patrons age 2 and up are required to wear a mask at the library regardless of vaccination status due to DuPage County's substantial COVID-19 transmission rate. We are following the CDC's guidance for all people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high COVID-19 transmission. No food or drink will be allowed at the library at this time.
We will be open for walk-in service and curbside pick-up during these hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00-9:00
- Friday-Saturday: 9:00-5:00
- Sunday: 1:00-5:00
Other Ways to Use the Library
Curbside Holds Pick-Up
Available Monday-Thursday, 9:00-9:00; Friday-Saturday 9:00-5:00; Sunday 1:00-5:00. Here's how it works:
- Place holds on items you want in our catalog. You will receive a notification when your holds are ready for pickup.
- Call the library at 630.543.3617 one hour before you arrive with your library card number to have your items checked out and ready for pickup.
- Upon arrival, park in a designated spot and text the number on the sign to notify staff that you have arrived or call 630.543.3617.
If you’re an Addison resident (or paying cardholder) who is unable to visit the library for 4 weeks or more on a temporary or permanent basis, you are welcome to order our items to be delivered to you. Please call Community Engagement at 630.458.3356 or email CommunityEngagement@addisonlibrary.org to schedule a delivery.
With our Print from Anywhere service, you can print documents and pick them up at the library. Print jobs will be held for 24 hours. Please contact the library at 630.458.3355 to arrange curbside pickup.
You may also submit up to two 3D printing requests per month. Once your job is ready, we will contact you to arrange pickup.
Visit our events page to see all the online events we have planned for adults, children, and teens!
Downloadable eBooks and More
If you are in need of SASS Services or experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact the CARES line at 1-800-345-9049.
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Addison Township Food Pantry
- Comcast (free Internet)
- Unemployment Benefits (Illinois Dept. of Employment Security)
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit:
Resources for Children
If you're looking for a way to talk about this with your children, NPR has created a comic to help.
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates on this page as the situation evolves. We thank everyone for their patience and apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.