We are opening for limited walk-in service starting Thursday, January 21 now that our region has achieved Tier 2 status. Curbside holds pick-up and home delivery will still be available. Please note that effective Jan. 21 our hours will be:
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00-7:00
- Friday-Saturday: 9:00-5:00
- Sunday: 1:00-5:00
In order to help protect our patrons and staff, anyone visiting the library will be expected to follow these requirements:
- Wear a face covering or mask covering their nose and mouth at all times*. (Children under the age of 2 are exempt from this, but must be closely monitored at all times by a parent or guardian.)
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet apart.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often.
- No food or drink will be allowed.
* "Face covering” means a cloth, polypropylene, paper or other face covering that covers the nose and the mouth and that rests snugly above the nose, below the mouth, and on the sides of the face. The following are not face coverings because they allow droplets to be released: mesh masks, lace masks or other coverings with openings, holes, visible gaps in the design or material, or vents.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Building capacity of 50 patrons at a time.
- Each patron will be allowed in the building for up to two hours; one visit per person per day, even if you do not stay the whole hour.
- Furniture and tables have been removed or spaced out to help maintain social distancing.
- Signs have been placed on the floor for social distancing at service desks.
- Elevators are limited to one person/family at a time.
- Toys in the play area are currently unavailable.
- Select computers will not be available to help maintain social distancing.
- Study Rooms are available on a limited basis.
- Meeting Rooms are not available for the public at this time.
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Adult computer sessions will be two hours. Children's computer sessions will be limited to one hour, but can be extended to two hours if other patrons are not waiting for the computers.
Other Ways to Use the Library
Curbside Holds Pick-Up
Available Monday-Thursday, 9:00-7:00; Friday-Saturday 9:00-5:00; Sunday 1:00-5:00. Here's how it works:
- Place holds on items you want in our catalog. You will receive a notification when your holds are ready for pickup.
- Call the library at 630.543.3617 one hour before you arrive with your library card number to have your items checked out and ready for pickup.
- Upon arrival, park in a designated spot and text the number on the sign to notify staff that you have arrived or call 630.543.3617.
Are you having trouble deciding what book to read or movie to watch? We'll find some items you’ll love and have them ready to pick-up the next day. Fill out this form to request Library Takeout.
Contactless Home Delivery
If you’re an Addison resident (or paying cardholder) who is unable to visit the library; you are welcome to order our items to be delivered to your door. We deliver up to 10 items at a time by appointment Sunday-Saturday. Please call 630.458.3356 to schedule a delivery.
With our Print from Anywhere service, you can print documents and pick them up at the library. Print jobs will be held for 24 hours. Please contact the library at 630.458.3355 to arrange curbside pickup.
You may also submit up to two 3D printing requests per month. Once your job is ready, we will contact you to arrange pickup.
Visit our events page to see all the online events we have planned for adults, children, and teens!
Downloadable eBooks and More
If you are in need of SASS Services or experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact the CARES line at 1-800-345-9049.
Comcast (free Internet)
Unemployment Benefits (Illinois Dept. of Employment Security)
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit:
Resources for Children
If you're looking for a way to talk about this with your children, NPR has created a comic to help.
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates on this page as the situation evolves. We thank everyone for their patience and apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.