Following updated COVID-19 safety guidance issued by the CDC and Illinois Department for Public Health, effective Friday, June 11, individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 do not need to wear a mask/face covering when visiting the library. Face coverings are required for unvaccinated patrons age 2 and older.
We will be open for walk-in service and curbside pick-up during these hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00-7:00
- Friday-Saturday: 9:00-5:00
- Sunday: 1:00-5:00
In the near future, you can expect to see these updates:
- When the Friendship Plaza parking lot construction project is complete, we will resume our normal operating hours and stay open until 9:00pm on Monday-Thursday.
- All furniture will be returned to the building, offering more areas to study and collaborate. Toys in the play area will remain in storage until a later date.
- Public computers on the 2nd floor will be put out at full capacity. Children’s computers will stay socially distanced until children are eligible for the vaccine.
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Adult computer sessions will be two hours. Children's computer sessions will be limited to one hour, but can be extended to two hours if other patrons are not waiting for the computers.
Other Ways to Use the Library
Curbside Holds Pick-Up
Available Monday-Thursday, 9:00-7:00; Friday-Saturday 9:00-5:00; Sunday 1:00-5:00. Here's how it works:
- Place holds on items you want in our catalog. You will receive a notification when your holds are ready for pickup.
- Call the library at 630.543.3617 one hour before you arrive with your library card number to have your items checked out and ready for pickup.
- Upon arrival, park in a designated spot and text the number on the sign to notify staff that you have arrived or call 630.543.3617.
Are you having trouble deciding what book to read or movie to watch? We'll find some items you’ll love and have them ready to pick-up the next day. Fill out this form to request Library Takeout.
If you’re an Addison resident (or paying cardholder) who is unable to visit the library for 4 weeks or more on a temporary or permanent basis, you are welcome to order our items to be delivered to you. Please call Community Engagement at 630.458.3356 or email CommunityEngagement@addisonlibrary.org to schedule a delivery.
With our Print from Anywhere service, you can print documents and pick them up at the library. Print jobs will be held for 24 hours. Please contact the library at 630.458.3355 to arrange curbside pickup.
You may also submit up to two 3D printing requests per month. Once your job is ready, we will contact you to arrange pickup.
Visit our events page to see all the online events we have planned for adults, children, and teens!
Downloadable eBooks and More
If you are in need of SASS Services or experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact the CARES line at 1-800-345-9049.
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Addison Township Food Pantry
- Comcast (free Internet)
- Unemployment Benefits (Illinois Dept. of Employment Security)
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit:
Resources for Children
If you're looking for a way to talk about this with your children, NPR has created a comic to help.
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates on this page as the situation evolves. We thank everyone for their patience and apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.