Due to the rising cases of COVID-19 in Addison and the governor's announcement that Illinois is moving into Tier 3 of the Restore Illinois Mitigation Plan, our building will be closed to the public starting on Fri., Nov. 20 and will be closed until further notice. Curbside pick-up and home delivery will be available for Addison residents during our closure.
We will be closely monitoring the Illinois Department of Public Health's and DuPage County Health Department's most up-to-date recommendations and evaluating our available services and operating hours on a regular basis, starting with our next board meeting on Dec. 15. We thank you for your continued support and patience.
Returning Library Materials
Our Book Drop will remain open while the building is closed so that you may return your library materials.
Curbside Pick-Up and Home Delivery Hours (effective Nov. 20):
- Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-6:00
- Sat.: 10:00-5:00
- Sun.: 1:00-5:00
Please note: curbside and delivery services may be suspended due to weather conditions.
How to Request Curbside Pick-Up:
Curbside pick-up is available for library materials and printed documents.
- Place holds on items you want in our catalog. You will receive a notification when your holds are ready for pickup.
- Call the library at 630.543.3617 one hour before you arrive with your library card number to have your items checked out and ready for pickup.
- Upon arrival, park in a designated spot and text the number on the sign to notify staff that you have arrived or call 630.543.3617.
You can also use our Print from Anywhere service to print documents and pick them up at the library. Printing frome home will be free up to 20 pages. Print jobs will be held for 24 hours. Please contact the library at 630.458.3355 to arrange curbside pickup.
We are also offering limited free 3D printing. Find more information on submitting a 3D print job here.
How to Request Contactless Home Delivery:
We deliver up to 10 items at a time by appointment. Please call 630.458.3356 to schedule a delivery.
Download or Stream Any Time: TV Shows, eBooks, Movies, and More
Did you know you can download our eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, TV shows, movies, and music straight to your smartphone, Kindle, tablet, or computer? Here's an explanation to help you get started.
Already familiar with our digital materials? See what's new!
- Virtual programs: Visit our events page to see all the online events we have planned for adults, children, and teens, or watch videos on our YouTube channel.
- 1-on-1 assistance from staff: Need help with something? Book a virtual appointment with our staff!
- Personalized reading recommendations: Tell us what you like to read, and we'll suggest a few books you'll love. Fill out this form to get started.
If you are in need of SASS Services or experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact the CARES line at 1-800-345-9049.
Comcast (free Internet)
Unemployment Benefits (Illinois Dept. of Employment Security)
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit:
Resources for Children
If you're looking for a way to talk about this with your children, NPR has created a comic to help.
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates on this page as the situation evolves. We thank everyone for their patience and apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.