Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk), 8-4 preferred
Salary: $22.10-$27.63/hr.; 27.63 is the mid-point of the salary range and is reserved for candidates who exceed the minimum qualifications and have significant direct experience.
If you’re looking to be part of a great team, we have an opportunity for you! The Materials Management Department at Addison Public Library is looking to welcome a Cataloging Specialist to the team. In this full-time position, you will perform original and copy cataloging in all formats and in multiple languages while utilizing your cataloging and authority control knowledge to enhance our user’s experience. We need a team player who is flexible, attentive to detail, open to new ideas, has a sense of humor, and is experienced and excited about cataloging.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal Classification, RDA, AACR2, Library of Congress
- Subject Headings, Bibframe, and MARC.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with public and staff.
- Ability to follow through tasks to completion.
- Education: An MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution
- Experience: At least one year of original cataloging experience in multiple formats and multiple languages
- Preferred Experience: Sierra experience
What we offer:
- A supportive work environment that focuses on serving the Addison community
- Professional development opportunities
- Generous accrued paid-time off including four weeks of vacation, two personal days, eight observed holidays, two floating holidays, and ten sick days
- 100% employer-paid medical with biometric screening, 100% paid dental, and vision insurance for employee plus 50% employer-paid coverage for dependents
The Addison Public Library is dedicated to fostering lifelong learning and literacy by providing opportunities to explore, create, and connect. We value cultural inclusiveness, respect, and diversity of thought; intellectual freedom; ethical and effective stewardship of resources; engagement with community members; and user privacy and confidentiality protection.
We value our employees and are serious about supporting their health and professional development. We strongly encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to HR@addisonlibrary.org by July 2nds to be considered for consideration.