Social Services Coordinator
Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; includes a combination of daytime, evening and weekend hours. Must be able to work one evening per week and every other Saturday.
Salary: $46,006 - $57,507 DOQ; $57,507 is the midpoint of the salary range and reserved for candidates who exceed the minimum qualifications and have significant, direct experience.
The Addison Public Library’s Social Services Coordinator develops, coordinates, manages and promotes in-house and offsite programs and services for individuals and families experiencing adverse life challenges including homelessness and mental health issues.
Who You Are:
- A real “people person”, friendly, compassionate, and service-oriented
- A superb communicator in both verbal and written formats
- A quick thinker with the ability to stay poised in difficult situations
- A self-starter with the initiative and courage to propose new ideas
- A supportive collaborator
- An enthusiastic library supporter
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish
What We Offer
- Educational opportunities and encouragement for professional growth
- A diverse community that actively uses and supports its public library
- An organizational culture that embraces change and supports trying new ideas
- Comprehensive benefits package including health and life insurance and IMRF (pension)
What You’ll be Doing
- Creating strategies for reaching underserved and high-need populations with the goal of increasing access to information and library services.
- Conducting patron needs assessments (i.e. residential placement, finance, safety) and facilitating referrals to social service agencies, assisting patrons with attaining resources that fit their needs.
- Coordinating the library’s immigration services as a DOJ accredited representative.
- Developing and maintaining a network of stakeholders and partners interested in collaboration with the library. Work with community partners to coordinate and implement programs and services. Serve as liaison between the Library and relevant community organizations.
- Contributing to public awareness of programs and services through active networking, public presentations, relationship building with relevant organizations, and collaboration with other library staff.
- Facilitating and conducting staff training to increase understanding and improve service to diverse populations within the community.
- Education: Master’s degree in social work or related field required.
- Experience: Two years related experience required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) language skills.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Access to transportation required.
Please review the complete job description to better understand the responsibilities and expectations.
Please send cover letter and resume no later than August 18th to Mike Monahan (email@example.com). Please include Social Services Coordinator Candidate in subject line.