Human Resources Coordinator
Hours: 37.5/week; may include some evenings and weekends.
Starting salary: $46,926 - $58,658 annually, depending on qualifications
($58,658 is the midpoint of the salary range and is reserved for candidates who exceed the minimum qualifications and have significant, directly relevant experience.
The Addison Public Library is seeking an experienced, human resources professional who has a passion for developing our most important resource: our employees. This is a brand-new position so we're looking for a professional with ideas, enthusiasm, and organization to help establish the position.
What you need to be successful:
- Skills to foster a positive, diverse and inclusive workplace culture which enables all employees to be exceptional and maximize their contribution
- Experience administering employee recruitment, retention, and compensation plans and processes
- Ability to analyze problems quickly and determine effective solutions
- Effective, enthusiastic and respectful communication skills
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
Our community is diverse, and your coworkers are, too, so being comfortable engaging with a wide variety of ages, cultures, and abilities is important
What we offer:
- Educational opportunities and encouragement of professional growth
- A community that actively uses and supports its public library
- An organizational culture that embraces collaboration and supports trying new ideas
- Comprehensive benefit package including employer-paid health and life insurance and IMRF
- Four weeks of vacation plus sick leave, personal days, and paid holidays
What you will do:
- Manage recruitment, hiring, and orientation process for new employees in collaboration with department supervisors
- Provide information to employees on topics related to HR and benefits
- Assist supervisors with the preparation of performance evaluations and recommending changes to the employee performance review process
- Assist and advise supervisors on disciplinary and employee relations issues
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, recommended best practices, and review policies and procedures to maintain compliance
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Certification in HR (PHR) preferred
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in human resources is required
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Access to transportation required
We strongly encourage bilingual (Spanish/English) applicants to apply.
Please review the complete job description to better understand the responsibilities and expectations.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references no later than October 26th to Mary Medjo Me Zengue (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include Human Resources Coordinator in subject line.