Children's Services Associate
Hours: 17 hrs/wk on average; includes a combination of daytime, evening and weekend hours. Must be able to work Monday evenings and every 4th weekend.
Salary: $18.28 - $22.85/hr DOQ; $22.85/hr is the midpoint of the salary range and reserved for candidates who exceed the minimum qualifications and have significant, direct experience.
Do you get excited and motivated when surrounded by children? Are you creative, friendly, and outgoing? Then join our Children’s Services team! Your main focus will be to deliver excellent customer service to patrons at the busy service desk, assist with creating and implementing programs, and assist with outreach.
What you need to be successful:
- Knowledge of children’s literature and child development
- Ability to effectively communicate with patrons and staff of all ages
- Enthusiasm for working with a diverse community
- A positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize a busy workflow
Our community is diverse and your coworkers are, too, so being comfortable engaging with a wide variety of ages, cultures, and abilities is important.
What We Offer
- Valuable customer service and reference desk experience at a busy Children’s Services desk
- Opportunities to use your creative and innovative programming skills
- Lively work environment
- Continuing education opportunities
- Paid sick and vacation leave
- LTA or Bachelor’s degree preferred; directly related experience and/or enrollment in higher education may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Two years of customer service experience required.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Access to transportation required.
We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, especially those with bilingual (Spanish/English or Polish/English) skills.
Please review the complete job description to better understand the responsibilities and expectations.
Please send cover letter and resume no later than September 29th to Louise Dimick (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include Children's Services Associate Candidate in subject line.