IT Support Technician
Full-time, non-exempt, mostly daytime shifts
Salary: $20.30 - $30.45/hr DOQ; $25.37/hr is the midpoint of the salary range and reserved for candidates who exceed the minimum qualifications and have significant, direct experience.
Are you tech-savvy, user-centered, and service-oriented? If the answer is yes, then we have a great opportunity for you! We're looking for someone to join our IT team to perform day-to-day installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of the library's network, hardware, software, peripherals, and other technology-related equipment. In other words, if a piece of library equipment plugs in, turns on, blinks or beeps, then we need you to install and maintain it! You'll also be assisting computer network professionals in managing the library's wired and WiFi networks, domains, firewall, servers, switches, routers, cabling, telecommunications, data storage and security. For detailed information, please refer to the attached job description. The IT Support Technician must be:
- Knowledgeable about client, server and network technologies
- Passionate about customer service and patient with people of all ages and at different technology levels
- Communicate clearly in technical terms and in plain English
- Collaborative with staff and patrons
What we offer:
- Opportunity to experiment with technology trends
- Dynamic and inclusive work environment
- Continuing education opportunities
- Paid sick and vacation leave
- 100% employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance for employee, 50% employer-paid for dependents
- Certificate or college degree in a library or technical discipline is preferred along with completed (or significant progress in) A+ certification and network+ certification
- Available for on-call IT network/system emergencies during library operation hours, including evenings and weekends
- Access to transportation required
Please review the complete job description to see if you'd be a great fit!
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Yabin Liu, Head of IT Services, at email@example.com. Resumes received by Sunday, June 21, 2020, will be given first consideration.