The following classes will be offered via Zoom. If you need assistance with Zoom or have any questions, please reach us at AdultServices@addisonlibrary.org.
- Zoom English Circle – Practice your English skills in a relaxed, virtual environment. Classes take place by video online on Tuesdays at 11 am. Register with your email address for a Zoom invitation.
- Conversation Groups – We have weekly classes on Mondays at 2pm (organized by Literacy DuPage) and Wednesdays at 7pm.
In an effort to avoid the spread of COVID-19, the Library is not offering in person classes at this time. Check back on this page for updates!
Learning that Fits Your Needs
You can improve your English with our online learning classes and resources. Access with your library card.
- Brainfuse – Offers reading, writing and grammar tutorials for English learners. TOEFL practice tests are also available.
- Gale Courses – Sign up for Gale’s Grammar for ESL or Writing for ESL class. Each session is led by an instructor and lasts 6 weeks.
- Mango Languages – Learn conversational English with instructions in your home language. Mango also offers classes to learn over 50 languages.
- News for You – Weekly easy-to-read news stories to help you learn to read, write, speak, and understand English. News stories are posted on Wednesdays, and include audio, exercises, vocabulary, a crossword puzzle, a word search, and a poll. Use F4155D in the password box to access.
- Pronunciator – Learn English from 50 source languages. Pronunciator also offers lessons in over 80 languages, focusing on pronunciation and conversational language, including songs and films for some languages.
- Transparent Language – English-learning program that offers skill-building activities in four key components of learning a language: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Can select to learn English from 25 source languages. Also includes modules to learn over 100 languages.
College of DuPage Classes
College of DuPage is offering free online English classes. For more information and to schedule a testing appointment, please contact the COD directly at 630.942.3697 (phone), 630.447.9047 (text) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Testing for the Spring Term is currently underway, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ela-placement-testing-in-addison-tickets-141044996381 to register for the placement test.
Electronic Books to Learn English
In the Community
Preparing for the citizenship exam? Visit our Immigration Services page for information for classes and resources to help you prepare for the interview and test.