Choose any or all of these clubs and activities
- Hive-to-Go: Tell us what you like to do and we’ll put together monthly activities, crafts, and experiments from now through November. This September, you might make a mini bow and arrow, a painted rock picture holder, an upcycled tshirt or something else amazing. Supplies are limited.
- #chefmode: We’re putting together all the ingredients you need to make a delicious and healthy recipe at home. You’ll get everything for a delicious recipe once a month for three months and then we’ll invite you to sign up again. Ingredients may include dairy and gluten products and are made possible through a partnership with the Northern Illinois Food Bank. We cannot make any substitutions.
- Project Fresh: We’re sending you home with a box packed full of fresh fruits and vegetables and a monthly challenge to have you cooking in new and delicious ways. One month you may be experimenting with a new spice and another it may be all about roasting. Supplies are limited and made possible through a partnership with the Northern Illinois Food Bank and the Glen Ellyn Food Pantry. We cannot make any substitutions.
- In the Margins Book Club: This isn’t like other book clubs. Each month you’ll get a new book and your job is to write and draw in it. You’ll also get a special pen and some goodies for you to keep. The book comes back to the library so we can send it on to other club members. The next month, you’ll get a new book (and more goodies to keep) with all of the scribbles and notes from a fellow club member. In a few months, we expect the margins to be just as exciting as the novels.
- Outschool: Outschool.com has something for everyone and the library is offering two free virtual classes to teens on a first-come, first-served basis. There are classes in broadway theater, survival skills, history, painting, starting your own business, and so much more.