We welcome dedicated individuals to apply to volunteer at the Addison Public Library but due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have suspended our in-person volunteer program. We will update this page regularly and share once we have a date where we can have our valued volunteers back in the building.
At home volunteer opportunities:
- Addison Public Library is looking for volunteers that can help create hearts that will be distributed by our Social Services Coordinator. No volunteer application is required for this project. Please make small hearts that fit in the palm of the hand. Any medium is welcome but please use supplies that are safe for all ages. Completed hearts can be dropped off in the donation box in the lobby of Addison Public Library. Email Kathy Welko with questions or for more information.
- Starting Friday, September 18, 2020, we have a new program called Crafting for the Community. This group will meet virtually once a month to work on craft projects that can be made and donated to area organizations. Please register to receive the Zoom invitation and supplies.
Other volunteer opportunities:
If you're out for a walk, please take a plastic bag, wear gloves, and pickup trash in your neighborhood or at local parks.
- People's Resource Center Volunteers
- Giving DuPage has immediate and urgent volunteer needs listed here on their website. These opportunities are virtual, in-person, and at-home for organizations throughout DuPage County.
- DuPage Community-Based Testing Site (CBTS) Volunteers; application to be a volunteer at Wheaton testing site.
- All For Good, in search enter the town (i.e. Addison, IL) to find area volunteer opportunities.
- Glen Ellyn Food Pantry serves Addison residents and is looking for volunteers.