Volunteering for Teens
Help us prepare for our outdoor programs this summer! Download the application here and return it to the library if you would like to volunteer.
Volunteering for Adults
We welcome dedicated individuals to apply to volunteer at the Addison Public Library. We currently have one at-home volunteer opportunity. Addison Public Library takes the health and safety of the public, volunteers, and staff seriously. Please contact Kathy Welko at 630.458.3334 if you have questions about volunteer opportunities.
At-home volunteer opportunity:
- Addison Public Library is looking for volunteers that can help create hearts that will be distributed by our Social Services Coordinator. No volunteer application is required for this project. Please make small hearts that fit in the palm of the hand. Any medium is welcome but please use supplies that are safe for all ages. Completed hearts can be dropped off in the donation box in the lobby of Addison Public Library. Email Kathy Welko with questions or for more information.
Other volunteer opportunities:
- Giving DuPage serves as the DuPage County Volunteer Center to promote volunteering countywide. Visit the Volunteer Portal for virtual and in-person volunteer needs for 400+ local nonprofit organizations.
- If you're out for a walk, please take a plastic bag, wear gloves, and pickup trash in your neighborhood or at local parks.
- People's Resource Center Volunteers
- DuPage Community-Based Testing Site (CBTS) Volunteers; application to be a volunteer at Wheaton testing site.
- All For Good, in search enter the town (i.e. Addison, IL) to find area volunteer opportunities.
- Glen Ellyn Food Pantry serves Addison residents and is looking for volunteers.