We always welcome dedicated individuals to apply to volunteer at the Addison Public Library. Although we cannot guarantee that all applicants will be accepted, we will do our best to provide a rewarding experience for as many people as possible. If you are interested in volunteering at the library, please obtain an application from a public service desk or print the online application form. Please give the completed application to a staff member at any service desk. If you have any questions regarding our volunteer program, including current opportunities, please email Kathy Welko or call 630.458.3334. To learn about other volunteer opportunities please attend our first Volunteer Fair, click here for more details.
Upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- June 6, 2020: Summer Reading Kick-off Celebration
- April 2020: various shifts to assist with Census kiosk
- June-August, 2020: Thursday evenings assisting at Addison Public Library's table at Rock 'N' Wheels
- Ongoing: library beautification
If you need volunteer or community service hours immediately, the following organizations that serve Addison may have volunteer openings:
- Addison Historical Museum, 630.628.1433
- Addison Township, 630.530.8161
- NEDSRA, 630.620.4500 x133
- Northern Illinois Food Bank, Email, 630.443.6910 ext. 192
- Ray Graham Association, 630.620.2222
Additional volunteer opportunities can be found through Giving DuPage.