We welcome dedicated individuals to apply to volunteer at the Addison Public Library. We currently have three in-person volunteer opportunities as well as one at-home volunteer opportunity. To be considered for the in-person positions please complete a volunteer application and email it to Kathy Welko. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Addison Public Library takes the health and safety of the public, volunteers, and staff seriously so we want to ensure all volunteers complete an orientation and training prior to volunteering.
In-person volunteer opportunities:
March 13, 2021, 10:00-2:00: Food Drive - looking for volunteers to receive and pack donated food and nonperishable items
- April 10, 2021, 10:00-2:00: Food Drive - looking for volunteers to receive and pack donated food and nonperishable items
- April 25, 2021, 2:00-4:00: Jigsaw Puzzle Exchange - looking for volunteers to work with people picking out puzzles and restocking tables
- Addison Public Library is looking for volunteers that can help create hearts that will be distributed by our Social Services Coordinator. No volunteer application is required for this project. Please make small hearts that fit in the palm of the hand. Any medium is welcome but please use supplies that are safe for all ages. Once the library reopens, completed hearts can be dropped off in the donation box in the lobby of Addison Public Library. Email Kathy Welko with questions or for more information.
Other volunteer opportunities:
If you're out for a walk, please take a plastic bag, wear gloves, and pickup trash in your neighborhood or at local parks.
- People's Resource Center Volunteers
- Giving DuPage serves as the DuPage County Volunteer Center to promote volunteering countywide. Visit the Volunteer Portal for virtual and in-person volunteer needs for 400+ local nonprofit organizations.
- DuPage Community-Based Testing Site (CBTS) Volunteers; application to be a volunteer at Wheaton testing site.
- All For Good, in search enter the town (i.e. Addison, IL) to find area volunteer opportunities.
- Glen Ellyn Food Pantry serves Addison residents and is looking for volunteers.