We welcome dedicated individuals to apply to volunteer at the Addison Public Library but in response to recommendations given out by the Illinois Department of Public Health we do not have any in-person volunteer opportunities at this time.
At-home volunteer opportunity:
- Addison Public Library is looking for volunteers that can help create hearts that will be distributed by our Social Services Coordinator. No volunteer application is required for this project. Please make small hearts that fit in the palm of the hand. Any medium is welcome but please use supplies that are safe for all ages. Once the library reopens, completed hearts can be dropped off in the donation box in the lobby of Addison Public Library. Email Kathy Welko with questions or for more information.
Other volunteer opportunities:
If you're out for a walk, please take a plastic bag, wear gloves, and pickup trash in your neighborhood or at local parks.
- People's Resource Center Volunteers
- Giving DuPage has immediate and urgent volunteer needs listed here on their website. These opportunities are virtual, in-person, and at-home for organizations throughout DuPage County.
- DuPage Community-Based Testing Site (CBTS) Volunteers; application to be a volunteer at Wheaton testing site.
- All For Good, in search enter the town (i.e. Addison, IL) to find area volunteer opportunities.
- Glen Ellyn Food Pantry serves Addison residents and is looking for volunteers.